When I install a PC, I have some tools i always need: Not counted IDEs, as Atom, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Microchip Studio, Brackets, Arduino ide, and Github Desktop for version control. For documentation I normally use Astah Professional, but only because of I have a license through my university, else I would look at StarUML.
You can find my list of "standard" drivers here.
- To keep the computer clean from all the small temp files, deleting Windows bloatware, and managing startup programs and services CCleaner.
- To recover deleted files, when they are removed from the Recycle bin Recuva.
- When I have limit trust in a program, or from unknown sources, I run them trough Sandboxie.
- To find differences in documents: WinMerge
- A simple editor, I replace Notepad with, giving line numbers and it marks keywords in code Notepad++.
- To monitor network trafic Wiresharck, Fiddler Classic, Portmon, HTerm.
- To communicate I use PuTTY
- To monitor processes in Windows, Microsoft provides these advanced versions of the task manager procex64, VMMap.
- To monitor connected USB devices and drivers usbdeview
- To install images, often Linux distributions / bootable tools on SD cards and USB sticks Win32 Disk Imager, alternativ Etcher can do the same.
- I use 7-Zip for compression, it works with most used formats.
- GDisk, a partition tool. I often also use an old digital camera to repair and format corrupted SD cards.
- nMap, a port scanner, to find open ports on a network.